Queensland Rail and DVConnect’s long time partnership
Queensland Rail have been partners of DVConnect since 2010 and have generously been providing complimentary economy or premium economy seating on long distance services, for those who have been affected by domestic and family violence.
In a lot of instances, moving a survivor of domestic and family violence means moving towns or cities. As difficult as this is, it means the survivor is located out of harms way, with little chance of a negative situation occurring.
During the financial year 2017-2018, DVConnect transported 5594 Queenslanders out of domestic violence situations and into safety. DVConnect could not have done this without the help of Queensland Rail.
Queensland Rail, also known as QR, is a railway operator in Queensland, Australia.
Owned by the Queensland Government, it operates suburban and long-distance passenger services, as well as owning and maintaining approximately 6,600 kilometres of track.
QR aim to be Australia’s best performing railway delivering safe, on time, customer-focused and efficient rail services.
- QR was founded in 1865.
- More than 50 million customer journeys on their Citytrain network (South East Queensland) per year
- More than 700,000 customer journeys on the Travel network (long distaince rail) and Tourist trains per year
- More than 6500km of track
- Employ more than 6000 Queenslanders
- 222 stations across Queensland
Stay up to date with QR on their social media pages: