What is Womensline?
DVConnect’s Womensline is Queensland’s only 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year crisis response telephone helpline. We help Queenslanders who want to escape domestic violence. Our service is for anyone identifying as a female, including our friends in the LGBTIQ community.
Our goal is to respond to your immediate safety needs. We can provide you with:
- Emergency transport ie taxi, bus, train or plane to remove you from violence
- Safe, emergency motel accommodation
- Specialist crisis counselling
- Safety planning, Information, referrals and support for those living with domestic violence
- Safe accommodation for pets through our Pets In Crisis program.
You are not alone! Everyday our counsellors support Queenslanders who fear violent partners, ex-partners or family members. In 2017/2018 financial year, Womensline received 98,174 phone calls and referrals. Domestic and family violence can happen to anyone, regardless of your occupation, your age, ethnicity, religion, disability or sector of the community.
We help everyone! If English is your second language, or you’re not comfortable speaking English, please use our translator service. If you are hearing impaired, have trouble speaking, please use the National Relay Service to call us.
Is it domestic violence if I haven’t been physically hurt?
What is a safe house or refuge?
How can I care for my children in domestic violence?
Can DVConnect provide legal help?
Call Womensline Queensland