DVConnect is a free and confidential Service that can help any person in Queensland who is feeling unsafe at home because of domestic, family or intimate partner violence. Through our Mensline we can also assist men wanting to make changes to their abusive behaviours.
We also help people who have experienced sexual assault or abuse at any point in their lives through our Sexual Assault Helpline.
In the last Financial Year:
- DVConnect received 1 call every 5 minutes
- We supported 3,000+ young people into emergency accommodation
- 41% of people who accessed our services were from Regional, Rural & Outer Regional areas across Queensland
- Calls to our Sexual Assault Helpline increased by 13% from the last Financial Year
- Nearly 300 pets were supported through our Pets in Crisis Program with the RSPCA QLD
- We received 7000+ referrals to Mensline from the Police
- And provided 3,000 men with counselling
- Another 3,500 men received information from our Service
If you are thinking about calling our Service but are not sure if we are the right Service for you, we have connections across Queensland and Australia and our counsellors are happy to point you in the right direction.