DVConnect places the safety of women, children and men who are experiencing domestic and family violence as our central priority.
What you can expect when you call
- We will answer your phone call as promptly as possible and treat you with respect
- We will respond to your needs in a professional, flexible and empowering manner
- Your safety and the safety of other family members is our first priority and we will support you with your safety decision
- We will treat your personal and confidential information responsibly
- We may be required to release your information without your consent and within the Information Privacy Act Guidelines. We always specify this during phone conversations.
- We will arrange an interpreter if you need one
- If you are hearing impaired, we can link through the National Relay Service
- If you lodge a complaint we have a robust quality assurance process in place, and we will investigate your concerns. You always have the right to escalate your complaint. Go to Contact Us page for further information.
DVConnect operates within the Information Privacy Act 2009.
This privacy statement applies to all individuals whose personal information we may collect in the course of providing the Service. This includes the people who contact us because they experience the impacts of sexual assault, domestic or family violence, family and friends affected by violence or abuse, and the frontline workers and professionals who use our resources to support people experiencing violence and abuse.
Callers may remain anonymous if they are not requiring a service beyond counselling, safety planning or referral information.
In instances where a caller to Womensline is requiring an emergency evacuation or crisis accommodation, DVConnect will be required to collect personal information. Without this information DVConnect is unable to facilitate safety planning.
Information collected by DVConnect will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected.
All records and electronic data are protected from unauthorised use.
Client information will not be disclosed or shared without the caller’s consent unless required by law and/or the policies of this organisation.
Reasonable access to information that the caller has provided to DVConnect will be made available to the caller upon receipt of a written request that also includes proof of identity.