10 facts about our Mirvac and Halcyon facility
- Mirvac and developer Halcyon, in partnership with DVConnect have created Australia’s first purpose-built domestic violence bridging accommodation facility.
- The facility is located on the Northern Gold Coast.
- It will be open in July 2019.
- The $1.5 million dollar property has 5 units. 2 one-bedroom units, including a unit for disabled, 2 two-bedroom units and 1 three bedroom unit, each with their own kitchenette, living area and courtyard. It also has a communal kitchen, living room, laundry, play area, garage, administration office, 24/7 security camera system, an alarm, as well as keypad entry on all doors and gates.
- The land was donated by Mirvac.
- The design and build was donated by Halcyon
- Over 90 Halcyon suppliers and contracts donated their time, materials and labour.
- Halcyon’s community home owners have fundraising events such as charity balls and have raised $50,000 to help furnish the facility.
- Mirvac and Halcyon’s intent is for other developers and builders to use this as a template and recreate similar accommodation around the country.
- Mirvac and Halcyon have donated the entire facility to DCVConnect who will also manage it.
Halcyon have been a proud Queensland based builder for over 15 years. They are known for their reputation as builders who stand for quality, value, customer service and innovation. Halcyon create lifestyle communities. Halcyon was the first over 50s developer to deliver superior energy-rated homes in Australia. They were also the first to build houses with energy-efficient and environment-sensitive Hebel panelling. They were the first to achieve a UDIA six-leaf EnviroDevelopment Certification for an Australian retirement project. They’re currently developing Australia’s first golf and residential lifestyle community – Halcyon Greens, located on the Gold Coast. This is their biggest community yet.
Find out more about Halcyon.
Mirvac have been reimagining urban live in Australia since 1972. They have worked alongside Halcyon to create Australia’s first purpose built bridging-accommodation facility for survivors of domestic violence. They create exceptional living experiences through the pursuit of quality and care in every little detail. Their clients benefit from our visionary philosophy, customer first approach and our all-under-one-roof knowledge, passion, experience, service and delivery.
Find out more about Mirvac.