We are looking for Womensline Crisis Counsellors – Full Position Description here
- Join a friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic and family violence
- Part Time & Casual role/s available (day/evening & overnight shifts)
- Attractive Salary Packaging options
DVConnect is the leading state-wide crisis response service that operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week to
meet the safety needs of those living with domestic and family violence anywhere in Queensland,
including remote areas of the mainland and the Torres Strait Islands. DVConnect’s Vision is a Queensland
free from Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence and our mission is to enable the seamless passage from
violence to safety.
DVConnect provides a frontline holistic service response to women, men and families
through our critical telephone crisis support services (please see the attached position description for
About the Role
We are currently seeking professional, motivated and friendly staff to fill a number of shifts (day, evening
and overnight) as a Womensline Crisis Counsellor. We are a dynamic and fast fast-paced organisation and
the primary duties of this role include crisis counselling and intervention support and information and
referral services to clients of DVConnect, including the statewide sexual assault helpline.
About You (Essential Requirements)
- Experience providing crisis counselling and support services to women affected by domestic and family violence in relationships and demonstrated knowledge of the complex nature of this service including the gendered analysis of the effects, causes and dynamics.
- Knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of services within the domestic violence sector.
- Desirable that you have a relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, counselling, behavioural sciences or similar discipline or a minimum Diploma qualification with extensive experience.
- Well developed oral and written communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and demanding (although rewarding) environment
- Sound IT skills
- Current Positive notice (blue card) for Child Related Employment or capacity to obtain
- Preference provided to those candidates who are available across a variety of shifts.
- Must be available for three week induction & training period (during normal business hours Mon – Fri) upon commencement, which will run over 3-4 days each week.
Salary & Benefits
This position is remunerated under the SCHADS Award, plus generous salary packaging options, close to
public transport and limited onsite subsidised carparking is available. Due to the shift work – 5 weeks
annual leave per year is provided as well as flexible work options and a family friendly workplace. Further
information on pay rates and shifts available are contained in the position description attached.
How to apply
Read the attached position description for further information and send a cover letter outlining why you
are interested in this role and how your skills and experience will be a match to the essential requirements
above and please detail what shifts you would be available to undertake. Applications to
email@example.com as soon as possible and further information can be obtained by speaking to
Kathy on 07 3156 2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note those applications without a cover letter and the right to work in Australia cannot be
We thank you for your application, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.