There are a lot of fun fundraising ideas that both raise awareness about the prevention of domestic and family violence, whilst raising funds for DVConnect, so we can continue to help Queenslanders find pathways to safety and live a life free from violence.
Hold a Bake Sale
Get your bake on to help those experiencing domestic and family violence. You could hold a Bake Sale at your workplace, or community space you like to attend. Whip up your favourite cupcakes, cakes, slices and sell them. You could encourage your workmates, or family and friends to do the same. Don’t forget to get permission from the location you want to sell them. If you’re looking for cupcake recipes, check out Taste.
Hold a Sausage Sizzle
A good old fashioned sausage sizzle is a perfect way to raise funds for DVConnect. Get permission from the location you want to hold the fundraiser, then either purchase, or ask local businesses to donate the items you need to make your sage sizzle. Most importantly, have fun and remember that this good deed will literally help change the lives of Queenslanders experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence.
Hold a Purple Morning Tea
Declare a day ‘Purple Day’ and encourage workmates to wear something purple and make a donation at a morning tea you host. Invite your workmates and encourage them all to wear purple. Perhaps send out funny pictures of not-so-stylish ideas for purple items. Ideas for purple items are endless, they include a purple tie, purple socks, purple dresses, purple nails, purple earrings, or even purple hair. You could go one step further and supply (or ask workmates to prepare, purple morning tea food and drinks.)
Hold a ‘Cutest Pet Photo Contest’ for Pets In Crisis
Ideal for staff who are pet-enthusiasts and want to raise funds for our Pets in Crisis program. Invite animal loving staff to enter a photo of their pet. Select a date and time, invite workmates to attend and view the pet photos. In front of each pet photo place a jar and encourage workmates to insert money into the jar of the pet they think is the cutest. Category ideas include Cutest Pet and/or Pet-Owner Look a Like.
Online fundraising is the easiest and most effective way to raise funds for DVConnect. Creating your online fundraising page is easy too. It just takes a few minutes and you’re on your way to helping raise funds so we can help more Queenslanders escape domestic and family violence. Follow the below steps:
- Log onto: Our DVConnect Everyday Hero fundraising page and click on the green ‘Start Fundraising’ button.
- Create your fundraising page: Follow the prompts, enter your page name, a few words about why your fundraising, a photo, fundraising goal.
- Be the first to donate: Even a small donation from you shows how committed you are to your goal.
- Start spreading the word: Share your fundraising page on Facebook page by clicking the blue ‘Share’ button on the right. Share on any other social media you use like Instagram or Twitter. And why not send an email to everyone you know asking them to support your page.
- Thank your supporters: Each time you receive a donation, don’t forget to thank your donors. Both on your fundraising page, and publically on your Facebook, this will remind people who haven’t yet donated, to donate.
- Tell us about it. We’d love to know that you’re fundraising
Containers for Change
We’re registered with Containers for Change QLD Just use the Containers for Change Scheme ID: C10028088 on your next deposit. Every container you recycle through the Containers for Change charity program will mean 10c is donated to DVConnect to help Queenslanders escape domestic and family violence. Learn more
Is your Birthday coming up? Hold a Facebook fundraiser
Instead of Birthday presents this year, you could ask your family and friends to donate to us. You can create a Facebook Fundraising Page on your Facebook Page and select us ‘DVConnect Limited’ as your charity. Then email and message your family and friends asking them to donate to your page to help Queenslanders escape domestic violence, instead of giving you a Birthday gift this year.
MyGivingCircle – Please Vote For Us
Each year MyGivingCircle gives away $50,000 in grants to charities like us. They do this in $6000 increments where the top five charities with the most votes receive cash donations. 1st place: $2000 cash donation, 2nd place: $1000 cash donation, 3rd place: $1000 cash donation, 4th place: $1000 cash donation, 5th place: $1000 cash donation
Please VOTE FOR US using the link below:
Authority to fundraise form
Remember that before you can fundraise for any Australian charity, you need to complete an Authority to Fundraise Form. Please complete the DVConnect Authority to Fundraise Form and email it to . We’ll then respond to you with an Approval to Fundraise letter that you can use when planning your fundraising event or activity.
We’ll help you promote your event or activity
If you’re using social media, please use these hashtags: #DVConnect #EndDV #EndDFV #NotNowNotEverTogether
How your funds will help…
- $20 provides 1 pet with emergency accommodation for 1 night away from domestic and family violence
- $50 provides emergency transport for 1 person escaping domestic and family violence
- $100 provides emergency accommodation for 1 person for 1 night
- $150 provides emergency transport and accommodation for 1 person for 1 night